Vaccitech is seeking a Project Manager for a hands-on role. The Project Manager will support the manufacturing of our vaccine and therapeutic products, and actively engage with contract manufacturing organisations, contract test labs, and Vaccitech R&D scientists to manage the manufacture and testing of candidate vaccines according to the company’s clinical plan. This role will focus predominantly on our infectious diseases product portfolio in the short term. The position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and works collaboratively with the rest of the company. The individual in this role has a biologics manufacturing project management background, is highly organised, and develops strong relationships and networks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the project teams to ensure that contractors fulfil contract requirements and complete process development or
manufacturing projects as appropriate.
- Tracks the progress of projects.
- Disseminates and facilitates information flow/exchange among Vaccitech departments and between contractors and Vaccitech.
- Manage scope change in project execution.
- Participates in regular internal project meetings to discuss and plan projects.
- Participates in regular meetings with contract organisations to update progress via teleconference or site visits as appropriate.
- Maintains records to document all relevant communications related to projects.
- Support the maintenance of company standard quality and format of communications (e.g. letters, requests for proposals, reports, etc.) and overall harmonisation of documentation at the departmental level.
- Monitors timelines and contracts for accuracy and follows up on any discrepancies with contractors and/or internal personnel.
- Assists with training of team members as appropriate.
- Supports CMC activities: tracks and maintains manufacturing documentation. Manages the transfer to Vaccitech of data and records from contract manufacturing organisations.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences required; PhD preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, with experience in biologics manufacturing
- Excellent writing and communication skills in fluent English; ability to understand and communicate scientific information;
proficiency in Microsoft Project, XL, Powerpoint, graphic displays and tables
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Understanding of the early product research and development process
- Manage and develop supply chain contractors to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope and to required budgets.
- Cover all other project management requirements including logistics and detailed project plans.
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities; proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comfort in synthesizing and understanding large quantities of data and information.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Sound judgment and critical thinking
- Occasional travel will be required
- Networking, both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently, cross functionally and collaboratively in a team
We care most about your critical thinking skills, technical aptitude and ability to quickly and enthusiastically learn new technologies.
Please email CV and covering note to email@example.com