Vaccitech is a spin-out company from the University of Oxford’s Jenner Institute, one of the oldest and most renowned vaccine research centres in the world. The company’s proprietary chimpanzee adenovirus technology, followed in some programs by boosting with a heterologous vector such as Modified vaccinia Ankara (MVA), is used to generate both CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell responses and thereby generate lasting cell-mediated immunity. These responses are among the highest T cell-induced activity to have been shown in man. Vaccitech is engaged in Phase 2 clinical programs for universal influenza and prostate cancer, Phase 1 for MERS, and preclinical programs for 3 other therapeutic infectious diseases indications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead program and project management activities for the Company’s clinical development
- Manage and coordinate the efficient and effective achievement of deliverables and milestones for relevant development projects by planning, scheduling and overseeing work plans and all associated activities to ensure successful and timely
- Enhance clinical project management by facilitating and implementing project management best practices and associated
- Negotiate CRO and vendor contracts, and manage academic relationships and contracts to achieve deliverables on time and to budget
- Manage the work of consultants, vendors, partners, collaborators and internal team members to meet development Oversee the areas of clinical, regulatory, pre-clinical toxicology, manufacturing, research, patents, marketing, alliance management, finance, etc.
- Research and summarise program information for response to external requests, project proposals, reports and external
- Develop tools and mechanisms for monitoring program progress for intervention and problem solving with program managers
- Analyse and critically review the status of programs and budgets within the context of scientific milestones, financial impact and long-term strategic
- Monitor budgets and
- Prepare and disseminate project update reports and ensure timely reporting to the Company’s executives and
- Facilitate, organise and maintain an extensive set of technical reports and electronic files, track status of reports and documentation utilising the Company’s IT
- Maintains up to date knowledge of local and international regulations and guidelines
- Monitors changes in such regulations and guidelines
- Acts as Company expert in such matters and ensures dissemination of and training in such regulations and guidelines
- Works closely with Quality Consultant to ensure best practices for clinical department
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least ten years’ experience in (bio) pharmaceutical project management or vaccine development, including managing multiple overlapping projects and budgets.
- An understanding of regulatory and GCP activities.
- Experience in negotiating CRO and vendor contracts, and in managing those relationships successfully.
- Experience with regulatory filing requirements, especially in support of clinical filings and approvals.
- Proven track record and experience in managing small matrix teams and complex budgets to deadlines.
- Proven exceptional time management and organisational abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
- Demonstrable ability to work proactively and independently, tenacious when necessary.
Please email CV covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org