Vaccitech is a spin-out company from the University of Oxford’s Jenner Institute, one of the oldest and most renowned vaccine research centres in the world. The company’s proprietary chimpanzee adenovirus technology, followed in some programs by boosting with a heterologous vector such as Modified vaccinia Ankara (MVA), is used to generate both CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell responses and thereby generate lasting cell-mediated immunity. These responses are among the highest T cell-induced activity to have been shown in man. Vaccitech is engaged in Phase 2 clinical programs for universal influenza and prostate cancer, Phase 1 for MERS, and preclinical programs for 3 other therapeutic infectious diseases indications.
Vaccitech is seeking a Business Development Associate for a hands-on role. The Business Development Associate will support the scientific and commercial development of our vaccine and therapeutic products, and actively analyse and engage with the commercial marketplace to pursue the company’s interests and objectives. This role will focus predominantly on our immuno-oncology product portfolio in the short term. The position reports directly to the Chief Business Officer and works collaboratively with the rest of the company. The individual in this role has a scientific background, develops strong relationships and networks, influences decisions and thinks strategically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare background research and briefs for the management team, including identifying potential commercial partners
- Develop and execute partnering strategies (including supporting deal negotiations)
- Support corporate, financing and commercial affairs, including overseeing complex administrative matters
- Establish, maintain and grow an active network with industry contacts, including active representation of the company at meetings, academic and commercial conferences, lectures and networking events.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences required; PhD preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, with demonstrated experience in healthcare and life sciences
- Proven ability to analyse, communicate and present in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to represent the company externally and engage with executives and decision makers in the pharma and biotech industries
- A resilient self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities; proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a virtual office setting as well as regular open office environment.
- Ability to work independently, cross functionally and collaboratively in a team
We care most about your critical thinking skills and the ability to learn quickly and enthusiastically.
Full-time role based at Oxford Science Park, OX4 4GA
Please email CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org